Advanced Tools for Black Belts and Master Black Belts
The 2007 winner of the Masing Book Prize sets out important Six Sigma concepts and a selection of up to date tools for quality improvement in industry.
Six Sigma is a widely used methodology for measuring and improving an organization s operational performance through a rigorous analysis of its practices and systems.
PART A: SIX SIGMA: PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE.
1. Six Sigma: A Preamble (H. S. Yam).
2. A Strategic Assessment of Six Sigma (T. N. Goh).
3. Six Sigma SWOT (T. N. Goh and L. C. Tang).
4. The Essence of Design for Six Sigma (L. C. Tang).
5. Fortifying Six Sigma with OR/MS Tools (L. C. Tang, T. N. Goh and S. W. Lam).
PART B: MEASURE PHASE.
6. Process Variations and Their Estimates (L. C. Tang and H. S. Yam).
7. Fishbone Diagrams vs. Mind Maps (Timothy Yoap).
8. Current and Future Reality Trees (Timothy Yoap).
9. Computing Process Capability Indices for Nonnormal Data: A Review and Comparative Study (L. C. Tang, S. E. Than and B. W. Ang).
10. Process Capability Analysis for Non Normal Data with MINITAB (Timothy Yoap).
PART C: ANALYZE PHASE.
11. Goodness of Fit Tests for Normality (L. C. Tang and S. W. Lam).
12. Introduction to the Analysis of Categorical Data (L.C. Tang and S. W. Lam).
13. A Graphical Approach to Obtaining Confidence Limits of Cpk (L. C. Tang, S. E. Than and B. W. Ang).
14. Data Transformation for Geometrically Distributed Quality Characteristics (T. N. Goh, M. Xie and X. Y. Tang).
15. Development of A Moisture Soak Model For Surface Mounted Devices (L. C. Tang and S. H. Ong).
PART D: IMPROVE PHASE.
16. A Glossary for Design of Experiments with Examples (H. S. Yam).
17. Some Strategies for Experimentation under Operational Constraints (T. N. Goh).
18. Taguchi Methods: Some Technical, Cultural and Pedagogical Perspectives (T. N. Goh).
19. Economical Experimentation via `Lean Design (T. N. Goh).
20. A Unified Approach for Dual Response Surface Optimization (L. C. Tang and K. Xu).
PART E: CONTROL PHASE.
21. Establishing Cumulative Conformance Count Charts (L. C. Tang and W. T. Cheong).
22. Simultaneous Monitoring of the Mean, Variance and Autocorrelation Structure of Serially Correlated Processes (O. O. Atienza and L. C. Tang).
23. Statistical Process Control for Autocorrelated Processes :ASurvey and An Innovative Approach (L. C. Tang and O. O. Atienza).
24. Cumulative Sum Charts with Fast Initial Response (L. C. Tang and O. O. Atienza).
25. CUSUM and Backward CUSUM for Autocorrelated Observations (L. C. Tang and O. O. Atienza).