Tending Animals in the Global Village
A Guide to International Veterinary Medicine
Tending Animals in the Global Village is a unique new offering relevant to veterinary students, practitioners, academics and policymakers. This book serves as a guide through the evolving landscape of international veterinary medicine.
1. The Global Society and Veterinary Medicine.
2. Animal Domestication and Human Society.
3. Cultural Attitudes Concerning the Use of Animals.
4. Animal Agriculture and Food Production Worldwide.
5. Animals, Food Security, and Socioeconomic Development.
6. Animals and the Environment.
7. Preservation of Biodiversity, Wildlife, and Conservation Medicine.
8. Delivery of Animal Health Care Services Worldwide.
9. International Trade, Food Safety, and Animal Disease Control.
10. Career Opportunities in International Veterinary Medicine.
Appendix: Contact Information for Agencies and Organizations: Relevant to International Veterinary Medicine.