Quantitative Genetics with Special Reference to Plant and Animal Breeding
Quantitative modeling of Mendelian genetics
Quantitative Genetics with Special Reference to Plant and Animal Breeding provides authoritative guidance on improving genetic material in breeding programs through the application of Mendelian genetics.
2. Genetic Background.
3. Breeding Programs.
4. Comparisons of Breeding Procedures.
5. Responses to Artificial Selection.
6. Mass Selection.
7. Mass Selection Assumptions and Validity of Theory.
8. Progeny Test and Family Systems of Recurrent Selection.
9. Selection for Performance in Crossbreds.
10. The Variance, ó²(X), of the Selection Criterion.
11. Effective Population Size in Recurrent Selection Programs.
12. Choice of the Selection Criterion.
13. The Design of Breeding Programs.
14. Comparison of Selection Systems.
15. Methods in Quantitative Genetics.
16. Looking Ahead.