Principles and Practice
Understanding the flexibility and limits of behaviour is essential to improving both the horse s welfare and its performance. This book tackles the fundamental principles which will enable owners, riders, trainers and students to understand scientific principles and apply them in practice.
PART ONE: Understanding Behaviour Concepts.
1. Approaches to the Study of Behaviour.
2. Origins of behaviour.
3. The Evolutionary History of the Horse.
4. The Lifetime Development of Behavior..
PART TWO: Mechanisms of Behaviour.
5. The processing of Information.
6. The Special Senses.
7. Communication and Social Organisation.
8. Sexual and reproductive behaviour of Horses..
PART THREE: The Flexibility of behaviour and its Management.
9.Learning and Training.