The World Economy
Global Trade Policy 1999
This volume is the fifth in a an annual series in which top economists provide a concise and accessible evaluation of major developments in trade and trade policy.
2. The World Bank Policies Towards Trade and Trade Reform Policy: Anne O. Kreueger and Sarath Rajapatirana.
3. WTO Trade Policy Review Mechanism: From through the Looking Glass: Sam Laird.
4. Whither the Free Trade Area of the Americas?: Jeffrey Schott and Gary Hufbauer.
5. The Free Trade Area of the Americas: A Latin American Perspective: José Tavares De Araujo Jr and José M. Salazar Xirinachs.
Trade Policy Reviews.
6. The WTO Trade Policy Reviews of India, 1998: Arvind Panagariya.
7. Beyond Transparency: An Analysis of the Trade Policy Review of the European Union: P. K. M. Tharakan.
8. WTO Accession Issues: Rolf J. Langhammer and Matthias Lücke.
9. Competition Policy, Developing Countries and THE wto: Bernard Hoekman and Peter Holmes.
10. Trade and Competition: An Industrial Economist s Perspective: Stephen Martin.
Notes to Contributors.