Traditional Herbal Medicine Research Methods
Identification, Analysis, Bioassay, and Pharmaceutical and Clinical Studies
This book introduces the methodology for collection and identification of herbal materials, extraction and isolation of compounds from herbs, in vitro bioassay, in vivo animal test, toxicology, and clinical trials of herbal research.
1. Brief Introduction about Traditional Herbal Medicines and Their Research.
2. Collection and Identification of the Raw Herbal Materials.
3. Extraction and Isolation of Compounds from Herbs.
4. Identification and Structure Elucidation of Compounds from Herbs.
5. Bioassays for Screening and Functional Elucidation of Herbal Medicines.
6. Functional Evaluation of Herbal Medicine by Animal Experiments.
7. Safety Pharmacology and Toxicity Study.
8. Clinical Study of Traditional Herbal Medicine.
9. Standardization and Quality Control of Herbal Products.
10. Understanding Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Herbs.