Communication for Rural Innovation
Rethinking Agricultural Extension
Previous edition entitled Agricultural Extension has sold nearly 5000 copies
PART 1. RETHINKING EXTENSION.
2. From Extension to Communication for Innovation.
3. The Ethics and Politics of Communication for Innovation.
4. The Role of Communicative Intervention in Policy Planning: Instrumental and Interactive Approaches.
PART 2. THE RELATIONS BETWEEN HUMAN PRACTICE, KNOWLEDGE AND COMMUNICATION.
5. Understanding Human Practices: The Example of Farming.
6. Knowledge and Perception.
7. Communication and the Construction of Meaning.
PART 3. INNOVATION AS A PROCESS OF NETWORK BUILDING SOCIAL LEARNING AND NEGOTIATION.
8. Changing Perspectives on Innovation.
9. Social and Individual Learning.
10. Negotiation Within Interactive Processes.
11. The Role of Outsiders and Different Intervention Approaches.
PART 4. MEDIA, METHODS AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT.
12. The Potential of Basic Communication Forms and Media.
13. Communication for Innovation Methods.
14. The Management of Interactive Innovation Processes.
15. The Planning of Individual Activities.
PART 5. ORGANISATIONAL AND INTERORGANISATIONAL ISSUES.
16. Organisational Management, Learning and Research.
17. Agricultural Knowledge and Information Systems.
18. Privatisation and the emergence of `Knowledge Markets .
19. Co operation Across Scientific Disciplines and Epistemic Communities.
PART 6. EPILOGUE.
20. Approaches and Issues for Further Conceptual Research.