Livestock Epigenetics reviews advances in the understanding of the molecular basis of epigenetic mechanisms in gene expression in livestock species. Epigenetics impact many economically important traits from growth and development to more efficient reproduction and breeding strategies.
1. Epigenetics of Mammalian Gamete and Embryo Development 3
2. Epigenetics of Cloned Preimplantation Embryos of Domestic Animals 27
3. Roles of Imprinted Genes in Fertility and Promises of the Genome-Wide Technologies 43
4. Sheep as an Experimental Model for Human ART: Novel Insights on Phenotypic Alterations in ART-Derived Sheep Conceptuses 59
5. The DLK1-DIO3 Imprinted Gene Cluster and the Callipyge Phenotype in Sheep 73
6. Genomic Imprinting and Imprinted Gene Clusters in the Bovine Genome 89
7. Imprinting in Genome Analysis: Modeling Parent-of-Origin Effects in QTL Studies 113
8. Epigenetics and Animal Health 131
9. Epigenetics and microRNAs in Animal Health 147
10. Nutrients and Epigenetics in Bovine Cells 161
Color plates appear between pages 148 and 149.