Veterinary Laboratory Medicine
Veterinary Laboratory Medicine covers all aspects of basic clinical biochemistry and haematology, and includes test by test interpretation of laboratory results. Information is provided on sampling techniques, the selection and use of an external laboratory, as well as near patient testing and the practice laboratory.
PART I: HAEMATOLOGY.
1. The Red Blood Cells (Erythrocytes).
2. The Platelets (Thrombocytes) and the Coagulation Factors.
3. The White Blood Cells (Leucocytes).
PART II: Clinical Biochemistry.
Introduction to Clinical Biochemistry.
4. The Plasma Proteins.
5. The Electrolytes.
6. The Minerals.
7. The Nitrogenous Substances.
8. Carbohydrate Metabolism.
9. Bilirubin and Fat Metabolism.
10. Clinical Enzymology Plasma Enzymesin Diagnosis.
11. Diagnostic Endocrinology.
12. Non Blood Body Fluids.
13. Feline Virus Testing.
PART III: SYSTEMATIC INVESTIGATION.
14. Investigation on an Individual Organ Basis.
15. Diagnostic Profiling and Pattern Recognition.
PART IV: PRACTICAL LABORATORY.
16. Sample Collection and Use of External Laboratories.
17. Side Room Testing in the Veterinary Practice.
18. The `Practice Laboratory .
Suggested Further Reading.