The Human Impact on the Natural Environment
Past, Present, and Future
The new edition of this classic student text provides an up to date and comprehensive view of the major environmental issues facing the world today, and is an essential introduction to the past, present and future impact of humans on Earth.
PART I: THE PAST AND PRESENT.
2. The Human Impact on Vegetation.
3. Human Influence on Animals.
4. The Human Impact on the Soil.
5. The Human Impact on the Waters.
6. Human Agency in Geomorphology.
7. The Human Impact on Climate and the Atmosphere.
PART II: THE FUTURE.
9. The Future: Coastal Environments.
10. The Future: Hydrological Impacts.
11. The Future: The Cryosphere.
12. The Future: Drylands.