Crop Post-Harvest: Science and Technology
Principles and Practice Crop Post-Harvest
World wide losses of crops, post harvest, through microbial action, pests, diseases and other types of spoilage amount to millions of tons every year. This essential handbook is the first in a three volume series which covers all factors affecting post harvest quality of all major fruits, vegetables, cereals and other crops.
Foreword by Professor Chris Haines.
1. Post Harvest Systems in Agriculture (F. Goletti and E. Samman).
2. Biology of Plant Commodities (D. Rees and L. Hammond).
3. Physical Factors in Post Harvest Quality (A.D. Devereau).
4. Biological Factors in Post Harvest Quality (G. Farrell).
5. Technology and Management of Storage (R.A. Boxall).
6. Pest Management (P. Golob).
7. Remedial Treatments in Pest Management (R.W.D. Taylor and P. Golob).
8. Food Processing and Preservation (A.A. Swetman).
9. Food Systems (P.S. Hindmarsh).
10. Applied Research and Dissemination (H.C. Coote and N.K. Marsland).
11. Trade and International Agreements (P. Greenhalgh and J.A. Conway).
Appendix 1: Some Important Post Harvest Pests.
Appendix 2: Some Important Post Harvest Pathogens.
Appendix 3: Some Important Post Harvest Concern.