The only easy-to-understand guide to the wireless
- The easy-to-understand guide to the wireless
revolutionfully updated for the latest
- New and expanded coverage: broadband fixed
wireless, WLANs, wireless Internet, Bluetooth, smart antennas, and
- Updated coverage of CDMA, GPS, LMDS, and WLL
- Concepts, terminology, components, and
systemsplus new wireless glossary
- Perfect for
marketers, investors, tech writers, PR specialists, and other
There's a wireless revolution underway!
With The Essential Guide to RF and Wireless, Second Edition,
you can understand it, join it, and help drive iteven if you
don't have a technical background.
Leading consultant Carl J.
Weisman has thoroughly updated this bestseller to reflect new market
realities and breakthrough technologiesfrom wireless 802.11
LANs to broadband fixed wireless, and beyond. Mr. Weisman covers
wireless at every level you need to understand: concepts,
terminology, building blocks, and above all, how complete wireless
systems actually work. Drawing on his extensive experience training
sales professionals, he explains the essence of every key wireless/RF
technologyclearly, comprehensibly, and with just the right
touch of humor.
- Spread spectrum and CDMA: how they work
and why they're important
- New! Detailed section on broadband
fixed wireless: the new last mile solution for residential
- New! Satellite Internet delivery
Smart antenna and superconducting filter technologies and their
- New! Wireless Internet, m-commerce, and
- Expanded! Global Positioning Systems: technologies
- Updated! Preview the future of mobile
- Updated! Wireless LANs and home
From its all-new glossary to its extensive
collection of charts, diagrams, and photographs, no other wireless/RF
book is as accessible or as friendly! Whether you're a sales or
marketing pro, customer, investor, tech writer, PR specialist, trade
press writer, analyst, planner, or student, here's the
up-to-the-minute briefing you've been searching for!