The Love of Art
European Art Museums and Their Public
This book is a classic work in the sociology of culture, by a world leader in the field. The book is one of the first systematic, comparative studies of European art museums and their publics.
1. Signs of the Times.
2. The Research Process.
3. The Social Conditions of Cultural Practice.
4. Cultural Works and Cultivated Disposition.
5. The Rules of Cultural Diffusion.
1. Timetable of Research.
2. The Questionnaires and the Sampling Method.
3. The Public of French Museums.
4. Verificatory Surveys.
5. Analysis of 250 Semi directed Interviews.
6. The Public of European Museums.