This handy reference guide encompasses all facets of mechanical and structural design, presenting current information on mechanics, materials and structures, including finite element modeling, developments in fracture control and basic regulatory aspects of pressure vessel design. It gives mechanical engineers, designers, and civil engineers quick access to the basic design rules, significant formulas, and essential materials data for preparing estimates and making on the spot decisions. Stressing design fundamentals and application ingenuity, Handbook of Mechanics, Materials, end Structures offers professionals a wide range of techniques and data in a practical, at hand format Basic theory is explained in simple language and at an algebraic level. The Handbook treats math in an accessible way, employing simple notation, graphical illustrations, ready to use formulas and numerical examples. You’ll find coverage of all areas of engineering:
- A self contained primer on the concepts of statics and dynamics, covering material on equilibrium, kinematics, frictional effects, principal laws of kinetics and plane motion of rigid bodies.
- A comprehensive treatment of strength of materials as applied to mechanical and structural design.
- A brief review of conventional testing of materials including the principles of metals and alloys, creep, fatigue concepts and the applications of fracture mechanics to the characterization of metals.
- An introduction to experimental stress analysis
- A wealth of practical design information on straight and curved members and plates.
Because of the unique challenges and responsibilities associated with the design and quality control of pressurized systems, The Handbook of Mechanics, Materials, and Structures offers especially thorough technical background on the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. The last chapter of the book is devoted to guiding the design engineer through the intricacies of the code and provides an extensive list of key references essential for further study.
Taal / Language : English
Engineering Mathematics (O. Gurel).
Statics and Dynamics (W. Van Buskirk and S. Cowin).
Strength of Materials (J. McKinley and L. Mardis).
Mechanical Properties and Science of Engineering Materials (W. Kirkwood, et al.).
Experimental Stress Analysis (W. Kirkwood).
Introduction to Elasticity, Plasticity and Elastic Stability (J. McKinley and L. Mardis).
Straight Members (R. Ciatto).
Curved Members (F. Nelson).
Plates (F. Nelson).
Pressure Vessel and Piping Design (D. Landers).
Levertijd: 5 tot 11 werkdagen
|Andere titels binnen de rubriek:|
|Technische wetenschappen algemeen