Technology and Standards
Written as an academic textbook aimed at final year undergraduate or postgraduate engineers, Digital Television: Technology and Standards covers all aspects of digital video broadcasting. The book covers Video, Audio, and Systems. The various chapters in the book are supported by appropriate examples given in MATLAB. .
1. Introduction to Analog and Digital Television.
2. Characteristics of Video Material.
3. Predictive Encoding.
4. Transform Coding.
5. Video Coder Syntax.
6. The MPEG 2 Video Compression Standard.
7. Perceptual Audio Coding.
8. Frequency Analysis and Synthesis.
9. MPEG Audio.
10. Dolby AC 3 Audio.
11. MPEG 2 Systems.
12. DVB Service Information and ATSC Program and System Information Protocol.
13. Digital Television Channel Coding and Modulation.
14. Closed Captioning, Subtitling, and Teletext.
Appendix: MPEG Tables.