The Philosophy of Music
Beethoven is a classic study of the composer s music, written by one of the most important thinkers of our time. Throughout his life, Adorno wrote extensive notes, essay fragments and aides memoires on the subject of Beethoven s music. This book brings together all of Beethoven s music in relation to the society in which he lived.
2. Music and Concept.
5. Form and the Reconstruction of Form.
7. Early and Classical Phases.
8. Vers une analyse des symphonies. .
9. Late Style (I).
10. Late Work without Late Style.
11. Late Style (II).
12. Humanity and Demythologization.
Editor s Notes.
Comparative Table of Fragments.
Thematic Summary of Contents.