The i ek Reader
The Zizek Reader which includes a Foreword by Zizek and a new, previously unpublished essay on cyberspace provides a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the flamboyant work of a figure who has been variously described as one of the most arresting, insightful and scandalous thinkers in recent memory and the Giant of Ljubljana .
Part I: Culture.
1. The Undergrowth of Enjoyment.
2. The Obscene Object of Postmodernity.
3. The Spectre of Ideology.
4. Fantasy as a Political Category.
5. Is it Possible to Traverse the Fantasy in Cyberspace?.
Part II: Woman.
6. Otto Weininger, or Woman doesn t Exist .
7. Courtly Love, or Woman as Thing.
8. There is No Sexual Relationship.
9. Death and the Maiden..
Part III: Philosophy.
10. Hegel s Logic of Essence as a Theory of Ideology.
11. Schelling in Itself: The Orgasm of Forces.
12. A Hair of the Dog that Bit You.
13. Kant with (or against) Sade.
14. Of Cells and Selves.
Slavoj i ek: Bibliography of Worlds in English.