The Irigaray Reader
Luce Irigaray is one of the leading French feminist philosophers and psychoanalysts. The Irigaray Reader is a collection of her most important paeprs to date, ranging across feminism, philosophy, psychoanalysis and linguistics. A number of them appear here for the first time in English.
Section I: The critique of Patriarchy.
Introduction to Section I.
1. Equal or different.
2. The bodily encounter wit the mother.
3. Women mothers, the silent substratum of the social order.
4. Volume without contours..
Section II: Psychoanalysis and language.
Introduction to section II.
5. The poverty of psychoanalysis.
6. the limit of the transference.
7. The power of discourse and the subordination of the feminine.
9. The three genres..
Section III: Ethics and subjectivity: towards the future.
Introduction to Section III.
10. Sexual difference.
11. Questions to Emmanuel Levinas.
12. Women amongst themselves: creating a woman woman sociality.
13. The necessity for sexuate rights.
14. How to define sexuate rights?.
15. He risks who risks life itself.