Women in Culture
A Women s Studies Anthology
This anthology collects key texts on women in culture and offers an ideal introduction, for students in women s studies and feminism, to the cultural dimensions of women s experience today.
Part I: Cultural Construction of Gender:.
1. Introduction to Women in Culture.
2. Commonalities and Differences Among Women: Cultural Intersections of Gender, Race, Class and Sexuality.
3. Cultural Images and Stereotypes of Women.
Part II: Cultural Institutions Defining Women:.
4. Women and Popular Culture I Advertising.
5. Women and Popular Culture II Television and Film.
6. Fashion, Beauty and Health.
7. Motherhood and Families.
8. Sexual Harassment and Sexual Abuse.
Part III: Opportunities for Women in Culture:.
9. Women Creating Culture.
10. Feminism and the Future.