Coming Out of Feminism?
Comprehensive coverage of the recent history of lesbian and gay studies, setting out its debates, principles and controversies. Central to the volume is a detailed exploration of the relation between these two bodies of theory and branches of identity politics.
1. Sexualities without Genders and other Queer Utopias: Biddy Martin.
2. Sexual Traffic: Gayle Rubin (University of California, Santa Cruz) and Judith Butler (University of California, Berkeley).
3. Sissies and Sisters: Gender, Sexuality and the Possibilities of Coalition: William Spurlin (Columbia University).
4. Reflections on Gynophobia: Emily Apter (UCLA).
5. Mother, Can t You See I m Burning? Between Female Homosexuality and Homosociality in Radclyffe Hall s The Unlit Lamp: Trevor Hope (University of Rochester).
6. Desiring Machines? Queer Re visions of Feminist Film Theory: Carole Anne Tyler (University of California, Riverside).
7. André Gide and the Niece s Seduction: Naomi Segal (University of Reading).
8. Savage Nights: Mandy Merck.
9. Coming Out of the Real: Knots and Queries: Elizabeth Wright (Girton College, Cambridge).