Contemporary Philosophy of Thought
Truth, World, Content
Vigorously argues and defends a definite point of view while at the same time exploring the pivotal theories and arguments within the field of philosophy of thought and language.
Gives voice to the idea that philosophy of thought and language is more than a specialism but rather lies at the very heart of the discipline.
2. Russell s Theory of Descriptions.
3. The Semantic Theory of Truth.
4. Truth and Meaning.
5. Interpretation, Minimal Truth and the World.
6. Meaning, Metaphysics and Logic.
7. The Possibility of a Naturalistic Theory of Meaning.
8. What is a Theory of Reference?.
9. Sense and Reference.
10. The Causal Theory of Reference and the Social Character of Meaning.
11. Content and Context.
12. Contextual Content.