Demonstrates that the 1660s were multi faceted, dynamic and exciting.
Taal / Language : English
List of Abbreviations.
A Note on Conventions, Procedures and Dates.
1. The Return of the King (1658 60):.
The Fall of the Protectorate (September 1658 April 1659).
The Rump Restored (May September 1659).
Don Juan Lamberto(October December 1659).
The Long Parliament Restored (January March 1660).
Monarchy Restored (April May 1660).
2. The Restoration Year (1660 61):.
`Past all humane policy .
The Royal Martyr.
`A time of universal festivity & joy .
Restoration or Revolution?.
Executions and Exhumations.
3. Great Zerubbabel: Charles and the Convention (1660):.
Images of the King.
`Our good old Form .
The Declaration of Breda.
The Act of Oblivion.
The Convention Settlement.
4. Royal Servants: Clarendon and the Cavalier Parliament (1661 67):.
Court and Country.
The Cavalier Settlement.
`The fat Scriv ner .
The Costs of War.
`The old man s going away .
5. Fathers in God: the Church of England:.
The Worcester House Declaration.
The Act of Uniformity.
Comprehension, Indulgence and the Clarendon Code.
Laudians and Latitude men.
6. `The patience of heroic fortitude : nonconformity, sedition and.
`Fall n on evil days : Milton and Bunyan.
The experience of persecution.
The Licensing Act and the press.
Radicals, republicans and plotters.
7. `Luxury with Charles restor ?: the temper of the times:.
`A yeare of prodigies 1665 66).
`Things going to wrack'.
The Cabal (1667 70).
A la mode.
8. `Male and female created he them :.
Men and Women.
The Weaker Vessel.
`An honourable estate .
A Woman s Place.
Men of the World.
235 x 157 x 25 mm
Levertijd: 5 tot 11 werkdagen
|Andere titels binnen de rubriek:|