American Feminist Thought: At Century s End
In this outstanding collection of essays, contributed by some of America s leading feminist writers, the current terrain of American feminism is charted as never before.
List of Contributors.
Part 1: Sexuality and Gender:.
1. Thinking Sex: Notes for a Radical Theory of the Politics of Sexuality: Gayle S. Rubin (1984).
2. Seductive Sexualities: Representing Blackness in Poetry and on Screen: bell hooks (1990).
3. Cinema and the Dark Continent: Race and Gender in Popular Film: Tania Modleski (1991).
Part II: Theories of Difference:.
4. It s you, and not me : Domination and Othering in Theorizing the Third World : Rey Chow? (1989).
5. The Language of Nativism: Anthropology as a Scientific Conversation of Man with Man: Trinh T. Minh ha (1989).
6. Reinventing Ourselves as Other: More New Agents of History and Knowledge: Sandra Harding (1991).
Part III: The Status Of Science, Technology, Academic Disciplines: .
7. The Missing Feminist Revolution in Sociology: Judith Stacey and Barrie Thorne (1985).
8. Making Gender Visible in Pursuit of Nature s Secrets: Evelyn Fox Keller (1991).
9. The Biopolitics of Postmodern Bodies: Donna Haraway (1989).
10. Women s History: Joan Wallach Scott (1992).
11. The Long Goodbye: Against Personal Testimony, or An Infant Grifter Grows Up: Linda S. Kauffman (1992).
Part IV: Feminist Issues, Activism, and The National Scene: .
12. AIDS, Gender and Biomedical Discourse: Current Contests for Meaning: Paula A. Treichler 1988.
13. Outcast Mothers and Surrogates: Racism and Reproductive Politics in the Nineties: Angela Y. Davis (1991).
14. Reflections on Sex Equality Under Law: Catherine A. MacKinnon (1991).
Part IV: American Feminism in an International Frame: .
15. La conciencia de la mestiza: Towards a new Consciuosness: Gloria Anzaldua (1987).
16. Bananas, Beaches, and Bases: Cynthia Enloe (1989).
17. Realism, Just War and the Witness of Peace: Jean Bethke Elshtain (1990).