From the philosophy of mind and language, through physics and mathematics, to the philosophy of the human sciences, morality and religion, there is almost no area of philosophy to which Hilary Putnam has not made highly original and influential contributions.
Introduction: Peter Clark and Bob Hale.
1. Enchanting Views: Simon Blackburn.
2. 1879?: George Boolos.
3. Wittgenstein on Necessity: Some Reflections: Michael Dummett.
4. Putnam and the Skolem Paradox: Michael Hallett.
5. Reliability, Realism and Relativism: Kevin Kelly, Cory Juhl and Clark Glymour.
6. Logic, Quanta and the Two slit Experiemnt.
7. Carnap s Principle of Tolerance, Empiricism, and Conventionalism: Thomas Ricketts.
8. Putnam s Doctrine of Natural Kind Words and Frege s Doctrines of Sense, Reference, and Extension: Can They Cohere?: David Wiggins.
9. On Putnam s Proof that We Are Not Brains in a Vat: Crispin Wright.
10. Comments and Replies: Hilary Putnam.
Select Bibliography of the Publications of Hiliary Putnam.
Index of Names.