A Critical Reader
Raymond Williams is widely acknowledged to be one of the most original and influential thinkers of the post war era. He wrote extensively across a wide range of subjects: from drama and the novel to politics, popular culture and mass communications. He was also a major novelist, well known for books such as Border Country and Second Generation.
1. Raymond Williams and the Two Faces of Modernism : Tony Pinkney.
2. Relating to Wales: Dai Smith.
3. Politics and Letters: Stuart Hall.
4. Towards 2000, or News From You Know Where: Francis Mulhern.
5. Raymond Williams and the Italian Left: Fernando Ferrara.
6. Hommage to Orwell: The Dream of a Common Culture, and other Minefield: Lisa Jardine and Julia Swindells.
7. In Whose Voice? The Drama of Raymond Williams: Bernard Sharratt.
8. Jane Austen and Empire: Edward W. Said.
9. Base and Superstructure in Raymond Williams: Terry Eagleton.
10. The Politics of Hope: An Interview: Raymond Williams and Terry Eagleton.
11. A Raymond Williams Bibliography: Alan O Connor.
Note on Contributors.